MrB has had a great weekend!
We experienced a record number of “firsts.”
- First walk to the dam. It’s quite a steep paddock with varied surfaces. He handled it like the champ he is. On the way back he sniffed every little thing that has been “unsniffed” for two months.
- First shake without falling over. Sometimes a dog really needs to “shake it off” and that takes some practice when you lose a leg. He started off with a very slow, wobbly shake with just his head. By the end of the weekend he was doing the full body shake without losing his balance.
- First “scare my people half to death.” He wandered off for a private walk and came back 5 minutes later from a totally different direction. I did NOT enjoy this one. He looked so VERY pleased with himself when he returned.
- First SIT. He hasn’t been able to do it until now, and I think it still hurts a bit, but he’s getting there.
- First “cuddle on the lounge.” (This is my favourite one.) MrB & I like to hang out on the lounge together. He’s my 23kg lap dog, but he hasn’t wanted to jump up with me since the operation. Last night he decided it was time for a cuddle and tried to get up on my lap. He couldn’t make it independently but made it with a little help from his friends. BEST CUDDLE EVER.
- First run. It wasn’t fast, but he chased his dad in the yard. Adorable.
We’re at that slightly awkward phase now where he’s feeling really good and wanting to be independent, but he still has a healing wound on his side. We have to keep him confined for a while longer. Fortunately he is a very good natured fella and doesn’t complain too much. 🙂
[I thought I had figured out how to share photos in my post but now I’m not sure it is working. Please let me know if you can’t see thrree photos in this post. I am really happy to support Tripawds and become a paid supporter, but it will have to wait until I’m working again or my financial situation is a bit more stable. We are doing alright but between Badger and the *@#^ing virus I have hardly had any paid work for 2 months.
In the mean time, if you are desperate for some Badger pics, you should be able to see them in this album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vuRTKMWiR5W5HABx7 ]
To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!